Tuesday, March 25, 2008

quick update

Hi,

Just a quick blog right now as i'm pretty tired. It's been a long but good day. Mum finally arrived safely this afternoon after being delayed in Dubai for 24 hours due to a missed connection because of fog in Dubai the previous day which had a domino effect on flights.
It is so nice to have her here. I met her at the airport and we took the bus into Seoul where she is staying in the Ibis hotel tonight and tomorrow. We had a wee walk around after she'd checked in and then went for some gimbap/bibimbap....a gentle introduction to Korean cuisine! I think she is pretty tired but happy to be here. I have to work tomorrow so I am currently back in Incheon, but I'll head back into Seoul after work tomorrow in preperation for our early start heading up to the DMZ on Thursday. More on our adventures as they happen.

In the meantime, here are a few videos from my last couple of weeks in Incheon. I am not uploading many photos to the blog this week.....however here a some links to a place where I have uploaded them (Facebook....even if you're not a member you can still view them)



The first album is of the St Patricks day party in Seoul a couple of weeks back. There was a big parade and then we went to a buffet in the Seoul Financial Centre. All in all a good day/night, even though I have no Irish connections (I don't think!)


Here is a video of the Seoul's Hell's Angels going through the parade route:



And one of some B-boys performing


Because St. Paddy's day was a Tuesday the parade was on the Saturday before, and on the Sunday Incheon United played their first game of the new K-League (Korea's inferior version of the premiership) in Incheon against Jeonnam. Myself and Scott went along for the occasion, here is my record of that day on Facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=99199&l=cb75a&id=777495416


Incheon went 1-0 up in the first minute (see video below, I'm sure the defence would blame the smoke) and it stayed that way until full time, although Jeonam had numerous chances to equalise. It was very well attended given that most Koreans have a passing interest in football/soccer and the majority of those that do enjoy it support Manchester United.


here is one photo of the two of us before the game I nicked from Scott's page:


Not entirely sure what I was doing with my arm.............


We also had Scott's stag doo last weekend, most of the photos are not worthy/suitable of being posted on the blog but here are a couple that make the grade:




An attempt was made to sneak an orange onto the pool table, hoping someone would mistake it for a ball. Amazingly, it didn't work.






Where the end of every great night ends up- Mcdonalds for breakfast. Poor Colin was out for the count.

Finally, here is what I have to look forward to tomorrow, 22 6 grade kids. The class is really too big for me to do any constructive teaching, so we usually end up playing games for a good amount of the time. At least it's only once a week.......!



So that's that. Many many thanks to those of you who sent letters and some things over to me via mum they are all amazing!

Love to all and I will update again shortly!

No comments: